Whether you are interested in deepening your understanding of yoga or your personal practice, or you wish to become a yoga teacher, Vidya YTT will provide a complete overview that will meet your needs.
This teacher training meets all Yoga Alliance requirements with a well balanced curriculum covering yoga asana, yoga philosophy, anatomy, and more.
Download your application HERE – Vidya Application
If you are interested and would like more information, join us for one of our info sessions dates TBA
200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training starts in September, 2019!
Typical Schedule will be 10 weekend Modules– Saturday and Sunday 11am-7pm September-June
- September 21-22
- October 19-20
- November 16-17
- December 7-8
- January 11-12
- February 8-9
- Feb/March 29-1
- April 4-5
- May 2-3
- June 6-7
Dates are subject to change, and there will be make up snow dates just in case!
- Develop a deeper awareness of Self and others, and of the connection and purpose of all beings & nature
- Learn classic asanas and Sanskrit names for the poses
- Raja Yoga (study of yoga philosophy using Patanjali’s Yoga Sutras, history of yoga, and related texts)
- Study and practice appropriate sequencing for multiple levels of yoga practice
- Study Structural and Subtle Anatomy and Physiology
- Learn poses, modifications, and contraindications that will help you meet students specific needs.
- Learn appropriate hands-on adjustments, assists, and verbal cues
- Become a skilled and confident teacher and find your own voice and style
- Practice and learn Pranayama (breathing practices) and Meditation techniques in the Yoga Tradition
- Understand the “business” of yoga: career opportunities, how to operate your own studio, organize workshops, and what it means to register with the Yoga Alliance, obligations to maintain certification, etc.
Cost of the Program includes: *10 months of Yoga Teacher Training with directors, Melissa Scagliarini E-RYT 500 and Roseann Latona RYT 500. Anatomy with Matt Scagliarini, PT, DPT (Doctor of Physical Therapy) and Philosophy with Max Latona Ph.D.
Training Cost: $2600 if paying in full before Aug; $2800 if using payment plan.
All applicants must pay a $500 non-refundable deposit upon acceptance;
For payment plan, $287.50 will be due on the first 8 training weekends.
All credit card payments will be subject to a 3% processing fee.
* Teaching Yoga (Mark Stevens)
* The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali (Sri Swami Satchidananda)
* The Yamas & Niyamas: Exploring Yoga’s Ethical Practice (Deborah Adele)
* The Key Muscles of Yoga (Ray Long)
* How to know God: The Yoga Aphorisms of Patanjali (Swami Prabhavananda & Christopher Isherwood)
* Bhagavad Gita: The Beloved Lord’s Secret Love Song (Graham M. Schweig)
Optional recommended Texts
* The Key Poses of Yoga (Ray Long)
* Light on the Yoga Sutras (B.K.S Iyengar)
* Light on Yoga (B.K.S Iyengar)
* The Secret Power or Yoga (Nischala Joy Devi)
Melissa Scagliarini, E-RYT 500, is the owner of Satya Yoga Studio. Melissa is a veteran instructor with over 15 years of teaching experience, including an in-depth 500-hr. training with the Himalayan Institute in India during the winter of 2010. Melissa is well-known in the Lakes Region for her dynamic Vinyasa Flow classes which combine sequences to build strength and physical awareness with a focus on breath and overall well being.
Melissa’s warm, good natured personality paired with her challenging Ashtanga- inspired yoga classes are bound to leave you feeling grounded, energized, and well cared for in your practice.
Roseann Latona (Rosie) opened White Swan Yoga in 2010. She is an experienced, caring instructor who has been teaching yoga for more than 18 years. A yoga practitioner for over 25 years, Rosie has taught yoga to people of all ages and ability. She received her 500-hour certification from the well-established Himalayan Institute in Honesdale, PA. Rosie also completed level I Thai Yoga training and is a Certified Ayurvedic Yoga Specialist.
Trained in classical Hatha yoga, she is experienced in teaching both introductory and advanced level classes and workshops, prenatal yoga, and children’s yoga, and in adapting her instruction to her students’ needs. Her ongoing study of various yoga styles inspires both her practice and her teaching.
Outside of the studio, Rosie also enjoys sharing the practice of yoga with those that might not otherwise be exposed to it, including high-school and college students on campus, women at local shelters, and nursing home residents. She takes great pleasure in helping her students experience the inner peace and joy that yoga has to offer.
Melissa and Rosie are members of Yoga Alliance www.yogaalliance.org
For more information about the program, please use form below to email or call:
Melissa: (603) 677-2934 or Rosie (603) 626-9642
VIDYA YOGA is registered with the Yoga Alliance (RYS).
This teacher training meets all Yoga Alliance requirements with a well balanced curriculum covering the physical aspects of yoga as well as philosophy and anatomy.